Share moments in a way that is larger-than-life with the MegaPlexMG-50 portable digital dock projector and speaker combo. The MegaPlexMG-50 super sizes movies, games, slide shows and presentations. Place your device in the built-in dock or connect your smart phone, tablet,gaming console, PC and devices. Bright output lets you project vibrant images so large and colorful, they are sure to amaze your audience. You will never be confined by small screens again. And, the portable MegaPlex also features built-in stereo speakers and easy control via your device touchscreen or the remote control. From your home to your office, it is time to share your inspiration. Simply connect, project and play.
- Super-size content from digital devices — easily enlarge movies, presentations and more (up to 12x larger than a 40-inch screen)
- Super bright and colorful — 2200 lumens color and white light output to display large images clearly
- Built-in dock — perfect for your iPod, iPhone and iPad; also charges them while docked
- Versatility for a wide range of devices — simply connect and share your favorite content
- Big stereo sound — two built-in 10-watt stereo speakers
- Portability — integrated handle makes it easy to take anywhere (electrical outlet required)
- Maximum flexibility — HDMI plus other audio and video connections
- Share your favorite music — can be used as a speaker dock without displaying video
- Rich, vibrant color and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Click here for best Purchasing options for the Epson MegaPlex MG-50 520p 3LCD Portable Digital Dock Projector and Speaker Combo For iPod, iPhone and iPad (V11H445020)
Excellent portability and amazing quality,
The first thing to be surprised by is how sharp the quality of the projection is. AMAZING.
The software caused me some difficulty. It was to be on the projector itself but did not initially load. After turning on the projector, the setup folder for the USB is supposed to appear in the finder. A LOT of swearing followed this alleged event. In short order, calling customer support provided a lot of talking with few results. This model is incompatible with a USB direct connection, which is why the software did not appear on my laptop.
In order to hook it up to a laptop, you have to be able to connect a VGA or a mini DVI connector to adapt to the computer to an HDMI connection to the projector. This was easy enough to find once I knew what I was looking for.
My husband and I both do PowerPoint and other modes of presentations through our laptops, mostly because of the complexity and the amount of data being used and so it was interesting to try doing PowerPoints from the iPad and iPod. He had much better luck using the MegaPlex with his presentations because his are mostly photographs whereas mine include a lot of tables. I also find myself making corrections on my PowerPoints – generally just to clarify language or answer questions raised – and this did not work for me at all. I needed to have my laptop because I’m a control freak. If something is wrong, I want to correct it on the spot, not make notes and then try to find it later. Once I had the adapter I was back in business.
My husband also built an add on table to my stepladder for when I need to use this in tight quarters. He put a platform over the top not-a-step for the projector so I could put the projector on the top and my laptop on the ledge for the paint can, also clearly labeled not-a-step. He seriously ruined my stepladder for climbing purposes but it has been enormously helpful for the projector — giving me a lot of freedom in a room.
There are only two flaws I have found so far. The sound quality is a little *neh* in the world of sound. For me this wasn’t a big deal. The second flaw is that it doesn’t have a dedicated carry case. It is easy enough to pick it up and carry it off, but it does leave the MegaPlex a little vulnerable — not that I ever drop things. The bulb is a very expensive replacement, though and it bears protecting. I have been putting it in my Targus backpack which generally can carry up to three laptops and it is an easy fit.
One of the very BEST parts of this projector is the portability. I don’t know how many times I’ve arrived in rooms or auditoriums and found projectors, overheads, cameras– whatever I ordered, it’s missing. I always arrive early and then call the tech dept. Then explain who I am, what I need, why, and when it was supposed to be there. Then wait. Then wait. Then wait. Click here for more reviews and best Purchasing options for the Epson MegaPlex MG-50 520p 3LCD Portable Digital Dock Projector and Speaker Combo For iPod, iPhone and iPad (V11H445020)
Featured Digital Projectors
- Panasonic PT-AE7000U 1080P Full HD Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 LCD Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Digital Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 HD Digital Projector
- Olens XPJ Digital Video Projector .
- Epson PowerLite 1915 MultiMedia Projector
- Panasonic PT-AE3000U LCD 1080P HD Digital Projector
- Sanyo PLV 1080 HD Digital Projector
- Epson EX50 3LCD Digital Projector
- Mitsubishi HC5500 High Definition 1080p LCD projector
- Viewsonic PJD5123 Digital Projector
Search By Brand
- Acer Digital Projectors
- Ben Q Digital Projectors
- Epson Digital Projectors
- Infocus Digital Projectors
- Mitsubishi Digital Projectors
- Olens Digital Projectors
- Optoma Digital Projectors
- Panasonic Digital Projectors
- Sanyo Digital Projectors
- Sharp Digital Projectors
- Sony Digital Projectors
- Viewsonic Digital Projectors
- Vivitek Digital Projectors
DisclosureBesthddigitalprojectors.com has links on this site that will forward you to Amazon.com and when there if you decide to purchase we will get a commission on your purchase. We wanted to be transparent about our involvement in the Amazon Associates program and thank you in advance for your participation.