Get ready to super-size your digital lifestyle with the MegaPlex MG-850HD portable digital dock projector and speaker combo. This revolutionary product reinvents how you share presentations, slideshows, high-def movies, audio and more. The easy-to-use MegaPlex MG-850HD eliminates the confinement of small screens and lets you share multimedia content from your digital device, from the boardroom to the media room. Place your Apple® device in the built-in dock. Or, connect your smartphone, tablet, gaming console, PC and more1. Remarkable resolution and bright output (2800 lumens of color and white light output1) ensure vivid content, even when it’s enlarged to a 100-inch image. Add in the built-in stereo speakers and portable design and MegaPlex MG-850HD is sure to transform how you collaborate and interact, whether at work or at home. Simply connect, project and play.
- Super-size content from digital devices — easily scale up presentations, movies and more (up to 12x larger than a 40-inch screen)
- Ultra-bright HD images with saturated colors — HD 720p resolution and 2800 lumens color / white light output1 to display large images clearly
- Built-in dock — perfect for your Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad; also charges them while docked
- Versatility for a wide range of devices — simply connect, project and share your presentations, movies and more
- Big stereo sound — two built-in 10-watt speakers enhance your presentation with audio or amplify the speaker’s voice (includes mic input)
- Built to travel — carrying handle makes it easy to take anywhere (electrical outlet required)
- Maximum flexibility — HDMI plus other audio / video connections
- Share audio files — can be used as a speaker dock without displaying video
- Rich, vibrant color and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup — instantly projects audio and video from a PC or Mac via a USB connection
- PC-free slideshows — plug your USB memory device into the USB port and present
One of the reasons I bought the MegaPlex 850 on Amazon was I knew that if I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t have a lot of problems getting a refund (plus, even after a fabulous review in the New York Times, I couldn’t find it anywhere in NYC). And after having read a number of glowing reviews, I still had the feeling in the back of my head that it wouldn’t be good enough and I’d end up returning it. I’m a finicky viewer.
Turns out I shouldn’t have worried. This product is honestly spectacular. Because of the layout of my room, I project on a wall that’s 15 feet or so away from the unit itself. This provides, at the tightest setting, an image that is slightly wider than my sofa–8 feet or so. Even at that size, I am stunned by the clarity and richness of the image against a normal white living-room wall. I’ve watched everything from general television to the Super Bowl to movies on DVD to video games and I can’t get over what a pleasure the whole thing is.
A couple of quibbles, in the interest of balance: I never watch in the daytime–at the size I’m projecting it just washes out a bit too much. But at night I watch it in my living room and it’s great. I keep one or two table lamps on and, so long as they are not close to the projected image, they are fine. So it’s not like you’re locked in a dark room. I suspect that if the unit was closer to the screen, this problem would be reduced. Second, it’s annoying that some streaming services won’t allow for HMDI output. I’m referring to HBOPlus specifically. I can watch programming on my iPad, but when I plug the iPad into the back of the projector I get an info box that says the programming source doesn’t support HMDI streaming. Not the unit’s fault, exactly, but still a limitation. Third, I’ve read reviews that say the fan is a bit loud. I suppose if you are sitting close to the unit, that might be the case. For me, it’s a non-issue. Finally, super-fast motion, like some sports programming, causes the background images to pixelate a bit. But as noted above, I’ve watched the Super Bowl and several basketball games and it is excellent, but perhaps not absolutely optimal.
Back to the positive side, if you pick up projectors in an electronics store, they always seem flimsy. This one, by comparison, feels like a tank. Focus and keystone adjustments both work easily. Sound quality is excellent–better than my television.
And finally, I used to have it hooked up to my DVD player. Now I keep it attached to the TV cable box and watch almost all of my television on it–which must say something.
I am extremely satisfied.
Featured Digital Projectors
- Panasonic PT-AE7000U 1080P Full HD Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 LCD Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Digital Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 HD Digital Projector
- Olens XPJ Digital Video Projector .
- Epson PowerLite 1915 MultiMedia Projector
- Panasonic PT-AE3000U LCD 1080P HD Digital Projector
- Sanyo PLV 1080 HD Digital Projector
- Epson EX50 3LCD Digital Projector
- Mitsubishi HC5500 High Definition 1080p LCD projector
- Viewsonic PJD5123 Digital Projector
Search By Brand
- Acer Digital Projectors
- Ben Q Digital Projectors
- Epson Digital Projectors
- Infocus Digital Projectors
- Mitsubishi Digital Projectors
- Olens Digital Projectors
- Optoma Digital Projectors
- Panasonic Digital Projectors
- Sanyo Digital Projectors
- Sharp Digital Projectors
- Sony Digital Projectors
- Viewsonic Digital Projectors
- Vivitek Digital Projectors
DisclosureBesthddigitalprojectors.com has links on this site that will forward you to Amazon.com and when there if you decide to purchase we will get a commission on your purchase. We wanted to be transparent about our involvement in the Amazon Associates program and thank you in advance for your participation.