Optoma PK201 Pico Pocket Projector, an entry-level pico projector, weights only 5.6 ounces including battery, but it offers multiple media playback functionalities and even boasts a bright LED light source with a projected 20,000-hour lifetime.
The Optoma PK201, with a resolution of 854 x 480 in 16:9 widescreen format, and a dimension of 2.4” x 0.7” x 4.6”, is a truly palm-sized portable Pico Pocket Projector. You can bring it anywhere in any type of bag you own, such as your fanny pack, backpack, briefcase and even a purse if you like. Amazingly, with up to 20 ANSI lumens Bright mode, Optoma PK201 delivers superior crisp and colorful widescreen images up to 66” diagonally.
Optoma PK201 Pico Pocket Projector features 28MB internal memory, which is expansion available via microSD slot up to 16 GB SDHC. Also, it contains full assortment of I/O ports, including 2.5mm Composite video/audio-in, VGA and Component-in, audio-out and mini HDMI input, and allows for easy connection to most analog or digital devices. For instance, you can use it as an external iPod or iPhone display, or you can plug the microSD card of your Motorola Droid into PK201 to watch pictures and video files. More than that, you can also use its internal media player to watch movies or display photos directly.
With powerful media playback functionalities and multiple devices and file types compatibility, the PK201 supports a wide variety of source inputs and file formats.
- 854×480 resolution
- Integrated speaker
- USB, HDMI and composite inputs
- SD media card slot
Solutions For Every Need:
- Provide media in any location
- Connect to any video source
Take your video on the go with the Optoma PK201 Pico Pocket Projector.
Excellent Picture, Convenient, but Poor Battery Life,
This is such an impressive product. I started with the ShowWX+, which is very cool, but suffers from a few major flaws, such as dimmer picture, visible scan lines and lack of automatic aspect ratio setting. The PK201 is bright and sharp with no visible scan lines and it automatically sets the aspect ratio. The disadvantages to the PK201 are the need to focus (not a big problem) and the very, very short battery life. Considering the quality, compactness and convenience of storing videos on Micro SD cards, I’ll just carry an extra battery.
UPDATE: This won’t charge through the USB port, but I was able to create a USB cable to connect to the DC IN. I bought the Radio Shack Enercell ‘A’ Tip (tip is positive) and the Enercell 2-pin Adaptaplug with Tinned Leads and soldered it to a standard USB cable (red is positive, black is negative). With this cable it charges from a portable USB battery that will last for hours, depending on the battery.Click here for more reviews and best purchasing options for the Optoma PK201 Pico Pocket Projector
Featured Digital Projectors
- Panasonic PT-AE7000U 1080P Full HD Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 LCD Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Digital Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 HD Digital Projector
- Olens XPJ Digital Video Projector .
- Epson PowerLite 1915 MultiMedia Projector
- Panasonic PT-AE3000U LCD 1080P HD Digital Projector
- Sanyo PLV 1080 HD Digital Projector
- Epson EX50 3LCD Digital Projector
- Mitsubishi HC5500 High Definition 1080p LCD projector
- Viewsonic PJD5123 Digital Projector
Search By Brand
- Acer Digital Projectors
- Ben Q Digital Projectors
- Epson Digital Projectors
- Infocus Digital Projectors
- Mitsubishi Digital Projectors
- Olens Digital Projectors
- Optoma Digital Projectors
- Panasonic Digital Projectors
- Sanyo Digital Projectors
- Sharp Digital Projectors
- Sony Digital Projectors
- Viewsonic Digital Projectors
- Vivitek Digital Projectors
DisclosureBesthddigitalprojectors.com has links on this site that will forward you to Amazon.com and when there if you decide to purchase we will get a commission on your purchase. We wanted to be transparent about our involvement in the Amazon Associates program and thank you in advance for your participation.