The Optoma TH1060P HD DLP Projector packs a lot of features with strong specs and cutting-edge technology into a very affordable package. Its 4500 lumens of projection power coupled with its 2500:1 contrast ratio and HD (1920 x 1080) resolution means it will provide a sharp, vivid image in medium to large rooms and even those with high ambient light challenges.
Another of the TH1060P’s key features is its Texas Instruments DMD DLP chip. This 0.65″ chip processes not just the three primary colors (red, green and blue), that all other chips work on but also their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. The result, colors are so clear and lifelike that Texas Instruments calls its latest version of the technology “BrilliantColor”. DLP chips with BrilliantColor increase the brightness of colors by 50 percent vs. DLP chips without it. Another advantage of this chip is that it requires no filter that has to be periodically cleaned and replaced, an operation that can be risky in ceiling mounted installations.
The projector’s wide connectivity includes two HDMI, RS-232 and USB for mouse control, as well as monitor loop-through. An RJ-45 connector is also included for control of the projector or several of them, remotely over a network. And it’s compatible with Creston RoomView technology which adds a wide variety of network controls. The audio is the 3W sound system which is sufficient enough.
The TH1060P is world-ready thanks to its auto-switching 100 – 240 V AC power supply and compatibility with NTSC, PAL and SECAM color systems. It’s also compatible with PC and Mac resolution and frequency combinations so it’s ideal for laptop-based business presentations. Additionally, closed captioning is on board for noisy environments or for the hearing-impaired.
Once you’ve gotten used to the TH1060P’s advanced features you wouldn’t want it to take an unexpected leave of the premises. There’s a Kensington lock, password protection and a security bar to prevent that from happening.
- HD Native (1920X1080) DLP by Texas Instruments with Brilliant Color Technology
- Bright images and high contrast ratio – 4500 ANSI lumens and 2500:1 contrast ratio (full on/full off)
- Presentation-friendly IR remote with USB mouse function and laser pointer
- Crestron RoomView for projector management and control via RJ45 connection
- Environment-friendly – consumes <1 watt of power in standby mode
- Includes closed captioning
- 4,500 ANSI lumens
- Native 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- 2500:1 contrast ratio
- Max lamp life: 3,000/2,000 hours (STD/bright)
- Features DLP & Brilliant Color technologies by Texas Instruments
Wanted a reasonable cost but very bright projector for movies in our four season sunroom. Install was easy and fast. Other projectors we have owned were very finicky with regard to source selection. No problem with this projector. Product documentation was accurate regarding throw distance. Noise level is acceptable and not at all noticeable even when watching quiet movies. Picture is stunning with full 1080p video sources. The projector is bright enough to use midday when the sky is overcast. This is impressive since the sunroom has twelve very large skylights and 50 linear feet of floor to ceiling windows. I did note some pixelation of video in fast motion scenes but not for all sources. Will check with a known quality blue ray. The only negative was the 12v trigger connection to the Elite screen. This projector is not shipped with an adaptor and it took a considerable amount of effort to get it right. Try a “C” adaptaplug from RadioShack. I project on to a 125″ Elite screen. My wife loves this setup and now only likes to watch in the sunroom. Note if you enjoy a dark movie theater experience this is probably not a good choice for you. We like watching with the lights on! For full details or to buy the Optoma HD23 Full HD Home Cinema 1080p Projector now click here. Most orders are eligible for free shipping.
Featured Digital Projectors
- Panasonic PT-AE7000U 1080P Full HD Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 LCD Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Digital Projector
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater Projector
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 HD Digital Projector
- Olens XPJ Digital Video Projector .
- Epson PowerLite 1915 MultiMedia Projector
- Panasonic PT-AE3000U LCD 1080P HD Digital Projector
- Sanyo PLV 1080 HD Digital Projector
- Epson EX50 3LCD Digital Projector
- Mitsubishi HC5500 High Definition 1080p LCD projector
- Viewsonic PJD5123 Digital Projector
Search By Brand
- Acer Digital Projectors
- Ben Q Digital Projectors
- Epson Digital Projectors
- Infocus Digital Projectors
- Mitsubishi Digital Projectors
- Olens Digital Projectors
- Optoma Digital Projectors
- Panasonic Digital Projectors
- Sanyo Digital Projectors
- Sharp Digital Projectors
- Sony Digital Projectors
- Viewsonic Digital Projectors
- Vivitek Digital Projectors
DisclosureBesthddigitalprojectors.com has links on this site that will forward you to Amazon.com and when there if you decide to purchase we will get a commission on your purchase. We wanted to be transparent about our involvement in the Amazon Associates program and thank you in advance for your participation.